About us...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, after four long months I'm actually going back to work tomorrow. It's really hard to believe it has been that long, but here we are in 2008 and I'm amazed at how fast the time has gone by - not to mention all that has happened and how much life has changed.




We are entering 2008 with such bright hopes, and we have so much to look forward to -a new home, a new addition to our family (YAYYYY!!!) and all of the new experiences that will inevitably come our way. I get completely nostalgic when I think about it (imagine that). It just makes me realize in the blink of an eye, things can change. I know we have all had a life changing experience, and for me, I know God allows those things to happen for a reason. Looking back on the last several months I know for an absolute fact that I am not the same person I was six months ago, and one big lesson that immediately comes to mind is that since I have been so dependent on others, it's been really weird having to ask others for help, whether it was a ride somewhere or asking if someone could get a few things from the store for me. But, I have learned that it's ok to do that, because of course I would do it for any of my family and friends without question....but accepting it was something I have almost had to relearn during this. People enjoy helping others in need, which is something I've always known, but I now appreciate so much more. Patience, thankfulness, appreciation for your family and friends, getting support from those you love, giving those you love the support they need...and just simply being the best person you can be to all and enjoying life. That's what matters.

I will never again take the simple task of driving to the grocery store for granted again, and I vow to help those who are so much less fortunate than me. There are so many volunteer programs that I am interested in working with and that is my main goal for this year (among many others!!) so I am looking forward to working with hospitals, shelters, etc......anything to show people who are in need that someone cares! I'm excited about this and I'm writing it down in order to be held accountable for it, so everyone who reads this needs to ask me every now & then how that is going, please!!

Any resolutions for me? To try and remember all of the above every single day.

The old adage is true: Life is fragile, handle with care.

HAPPY 2008 to everyone!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful amy, as always