About us...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to Work

Sadly, my maternity leave ended this week. I have been so anxious about it, and nervous and sad and scared and to be quite honest, dreadfully anticipating having to leave our Libby and return to work. I have been thinking about it since I had her and brought her home from the hospital. I never imagined I would want to be a stay at home mommy, but after having Libby, from the first second I knew I wanted nothing more than to stay home with her!! However, that is not in the cards for us at this time, so I sent out prayer requests to people (even awesome cousins all the way in Serbia!) asking for their prayers that I would somehow manage to go back. It's funny-you spend your life, at least in your 20's, building your career and climbing up the ladder at work, promotions, raises, and growing your professional relationships. Then BAM! You hold your seven pound baby girl and all of a sudden, the only earthly relationship that matters is the one you have with that baby, and your new family.
We have prayerfully and happily found someone to take care of Libby while we are working, a Christian woman who loves babies and whom I know is the perfect one for Libby. I was speaking with my Grandmother and just telling her about the interview before we hired her, and she asked what the lady's name was. I told her, and heard her writing it down. She said, "Honey, I'm going to put her name on the prayer list at church, and I am going to pray that THIS is THE one that God wants in your home" - and of course, I cried at the simple sweetness that I felt from her.

And we are so very happy with our decision. It has only been two days, and I have cried both days backing out of the driveway. But God has given me a strong peace which cannot be denied or fought, and I am thankful for that. Matt and I feel extremely blessed by the person we found, and know in our hearts that it was meant to be.


Here she is -this is what I came home to this afternoon. Sleeping soundly in her bassinet.
The blue shirt? It's what I slept in last night. Every day I leave what I sleep in, and she cuddles it and slobbers on it and puts it in her mouth. It's one of the many ways we will stay connected throughout the day!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

madre said...

I have been praying for you all day and my prayer was answered when I read this sweet story.

Katie Odegard said...

I'm about to cry. Amy you're doing great with this and I'm so proud of you! I sure hope I have that same courage in 2 more weeks!
Libby is an angel!

Hepners Blog said...

You are too sweet! And what a great idea that was to leave your shirt with her! Just remember that she won't remember this time. You will, but she won't. Also, enjoy getting away, being with friends, talking with adults, and feeling normal! AND don't feel GUILTY! You are in God's will and HE never condemns, only confirms! Love you sweet cousin! Big hugs, blessings, and prayers to you all! Love ya! sorry to ramble...
Kris

Beth said...

Been thinking about you alot over the past few days...trust me more than anyone I know how hard it is. I am so happy you have someone wonderful to take care of that precious baby...it is an amazing peace of mind. Always remember what is important and when the 'weather' gets stormy know that in a few hours you will be smiling and giggling with your amazing little girl.....My love and thoughts are with you....

Vicki and Lawrence said...

AMY, I UNDERSTAND HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS FOR YOU, BUT YOU HAVE RISEN TO EVERY OCCASION WITH SUCH GRACE AND DEEP LOVE, SO I WASN'T WORRIED. YOU WRITE WITH SUCH SWEET EMOTION ABOUT IT ALL. THANK YOU FOR SHARING, WITH ALL OF US WHO LOVE THE THREE OF YOU. VICKI

madre said...

need another photo fix, do not delay

madre said...

happy 3 month birthday, libby!!! Tell your parents to take some picutres today!!